Chicken is rich in vitamins and minerals with a high content of zinc, iron, vitamin B12. B12 is essential for the human body and is found only in animal products in the diet and its deficiency causes anemia, nervous system disorders, tachycardia. Chicken Selenium plays an important role in many processes related to metabolism, including thyroid hormone metabolism, as it had a very important role in maintaining a high immunity of the body. Found in abundance in poultry, selenium may also prevent cancer, cataracts, heart disease and macular degeneration
Recipe Chicken with prunes and sage for 4 persons.Ingredients:
- 4 pieces of chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of fresh sage (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 12 prunes (cut in half)
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and a half;
- A prepared the chicken with tablespoon of sage, salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan and add the chicken pieces; leave it over medium fire about 3 minutes per side and put it aside.
- Preheat the amount of oil remaining and fry the onion; add chicken broth and wine and give them a boil.
- Add remaining amount of sage and prunes; cook for 5 minutes until the mixture becomes thickened.
- Add a pinch of pepper and vinegar.
Nutrient content for chicken with sage and prunes (per serving):
- Calories: 301
- Fat: 8.7g
- Proteins: 35,4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Iron: 1.6 mg
- Calcium: 49 mg;
Good appetite! :))